New Warp in the Old Mill



Put a warp on Stephanie Cimmet's LeClerc, foldable, floor loom on Martin Luther King Day, 2016 



Sturdy cotton rug warp 12 epi, colors in one inch increments, 13" wide and 9 yards long.



I used the little blue chair in the distance, as my little assistant, to weight the warp as I wound on.


Stephanie's clients write messages on paper or fabric and weave them into weft that becomes forever hidden within the fabric they create.

Two views of the dam and Androscoggin River from inside the mill.

It seems odd to be putting a warp on a loom all alone in the former mill at Fort Andross. Had I been a mill worker there in the past there would have been many people around. I also wondered who met in this or other corners of this big mill complex. Was is a spot for a rendezvous?

Comments

Popular Posts