Twig Arbor at Spindleworks

A few sunny mornings in September were all we needed to construct a twig arbor at 7 Lincoln Street in Brunswick, ME. Locally harvested maple, ash, oak and birch were woven together to create the structure
One morning we had sprinkles of rain, so we wrapped twigs with colorful yarns.
These we wove into conspicuous spots on our arbor.
An excellent pair of weavers, ready and happy to work with me in the construction process.
Tart, red apples were everywhere on the site and we could not resist adding them to the top center our our arbor. It made us think of mistletoe...
... and I think this would be a lovely place for a little kiss..
...or just a little spot...
..to stop and wonder.

Comments

  1. Hello Susan and thank you for your comment on "The Song of the Shirt" work.
    usually what I make comes from something I have read together with difficult life experiences in another country....I have to feel something, before I can make it, and that project was a narrative really of my life coupled with that of women throughout time.
    I have just finished another body of work and written a story to go with it, and will soon be putting images onto my blog....I dont like to do this untill the exhibition is about to open, but its nearly time....and it's been nice looking at your blog....I love making art in the garden with anything I can find too.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts