Weavers-Folk Arts Tent 2

I offered hands on weaving on three types of looms this year at my booth at Common Ground Country Fair in Unity, Maine. That gave me three full days of meeting friends and making new ones under a bright yellow striped tent.


I really enjoyed this little fellow's found object weaving.


Her robin's-egg-blue fingernails look good weaving narrow "tape" on my rigid heddle loom. 

Also seen in this pic is the stand Steve and I built for the looms. It made the looms much easier to use and they did not fall down all weekend.




-- 
Stevewove a friendship bracelet for someone he loves!



I was given this home built loom recently. Great for demos and I hope it inspired future weavers. Thanks Stephanie Larrabee for giving me your Dad's DIY loom. Especially like the reed made from bicycle spoke reed!



A young weaver returns. We met last year and he learned how to use this loom, so no instruction necessary this weekend.  Behind him is Linda, a pal from Halcyon's Spinning Group who helped me most of Friday! Thanks, Linda


Comments

Popular Posts