A Dress Book Selected for California Fundraiser

My work will be featured in Redondo Beach Fashion Show  in May, 2016. The organization, Long Way Home helps construct schools and promote environmental stewardship in Guatemala.

Putting the dress into a square box for shipping presents a challenge Mail It 4 You made it easier.

I included this drawing so the runway model, Zena Moon, can figure out how to get into and out of the dress.


There is also a Book Jacket. Thanks Gary Lawless, at Gulf of Maine Books for the title. 

I continue to purchase used children's board books from Goodwill and Salvation Army stores near me. I feel I should thank the authors and illustrators work I use, so below is a list of recent purchases.

Mr Gumpy's Outing, John Burningham, Henry Holt
My Heart Is Like a Zoo, Michael Hall, Greenwillow
Cinderella, A Platt & Munk Story Book, Questor
Cinderella, Illustated by Cathie Shuttleworth, Small World Creations Ltd.
Ariel The Brave Little Mermaid, written by Ben Nussbaum, cover deign Alison E. Cole, book layout Bert Johnstone, Disney
Where is Elmo's Blanket? by Shana Corey, illustrated by Nancy Stevenson, Sesame Street, Random House
Color Carnival, by Christy Webster, illustrated by Christopher Moroney, Sesame Street, Random House
The Adventures of Max the Minnow, by William Boniface, illustrated by Don Sullivan,Andrews McMeel Publishing
Pat-a-Cake My First Taggies Book,illustrated by Jill McDonald, Cartwheel Books, Scholastic
Animal Sounds, illustrated by Aurelius Battaglia, Golden Books
*** This last book was one I read to our children. I still really enjoy the illustrations of the farm and wild animals, especially the two spread of the horse, oh and the sow with piglets, and braying cow. The donkey and turkey pages are very sweet and I can imagine the two animals meeting and having a little conversation. Aurelius was a Disney illustrator, no wonder his images were so lively, he must have done many, many, many drawings. Wow, maybe I should use the images whole so I can enjoy them that way. OK back to cleaning this morning. 

Comments

Popular Posts