The Bag-ette, a Create and Carry Weaving Kit

Keep essentials close. This weaving kit holds phone, Id, passport, credit card, keys. Great for travel, a night out, concert or festival.

Order your favorite color today and get weaving. susanperrine@gmail.com

The kit is priced at $55.00 plus $7.00 shipping.
Use paypal or square! 

I developed this kit from my Common Ground workshop, Weave in 3_D.  It's available at etsy now. Materials include handspun, 2 ply, Maine wool carded and blended with silk, mohair, or alpaca. I have tried to use fibers purchased from farms within 50 miles. Favorites are heritage breeds from Beau Chemin and mohair/wool blends from Friends' Folly Farm  and the Millers'


I process fibers after purchasing fleeces from farms. I wash and dye the fibers and then blend colors and mix fibers as I card the batts. I am able to spin super bulky on my trusty Louet wheel. I fill up two bobbins and then ply these together. After plying I wind the yarn into a skein and give it a wash to set the twist. I have been having a wonderful time dying and blending colors. A bit of the carded fibers are set aside to felt for the closure flap. 


The Bag-tte Kit includes super bulky yarn, cord for handle, felt closure flap, thread, matt board loom, button, large eye needle, straight pin, bull dog clip, rubber band and printed directions.

I did all the drawings as I wove up a prototype, took photos and popped them into photoshop to clean up backgrounds. 

I had several people test the kit to check on the accuracy of the directions and made revisions which make them easier to follow. I met with marketers and teenagers who offered suggestions. 

My brochure/directions (2 page, three fold) is ready to go off to the printers. Next up is order the needles and other small objects which go with the kit. I packed a kit into in a box to check the weight to get shipping prices. 

Comments

  1. Love the bag-ette! Perfect for my IPhone and a credit card so I can go hands-free❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Bag-ette! Perfect for iPhone. Fun to make😎

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts