Blank Notebooks with Pivoting Hinges


I finished some small-ish notebooks for the Book Arts Bazaar in Portland, ME. Sunday April 3. Each one is filled with over 120 pages of acid free, ivory colored paper. Each notebook opens on a pivot hinge I found at my favorite hardware store. The notebooks would be great for drawings, notes or would be extravagant to use as pull out pages as a memo pad.

Orange blank note book is 5 1/4 x 3 1/2 x 1". It has a small recessed rectangular 'window' lined with yellow sturdy Canson paper. Interior is lined with hopping bunnies and the cover is a monoprint I made of orange acrylic on orange paper. It has a brass hinge.




Each notebook spirals open on it's hinge. Pretty perky, I must say and I am pleased to see the sculptural feature especially when it pops up from the little unsuspecting rectangle. The aqua-blue notebook is the size of a business card, 2 x 3 1/2 x 1" with aluminum hinge and round paper 'washer' under the head of the hinge. The cover is paste paper and the lining is water color.

The gray stripe book is 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 x 1". Paper is gouache with astromomical image interior.

Comments

Popular Posts