mild mannered fiber artist goes metal

I can usually be found stitching or weaving fiber but over the weekend I changed direction and did a little metal work.  I picked up a metal Spinney Thing headed for the trash thinking I'd use it as a display piece for shows.  It was covered with oddly shaped armatures which never worked for my stuff. I cut the armatures with bolt cutters but that left pointy and painful spikes. So here I am grinding them down and feeling really powerful.
The Spinney Thing is now covered with painted canvas and has pockets all around for my Stitched Cards, biz cards and announcements.
 
See it in action: Friends of Williams Cone School Annual Craft Show, Sat Oct 30 9-3 19 Perkins St. Topsham, ME
 
Still time to see the work of 30 Maine fiber artists (including me!) at Atrium Gallery, USM, 51 Westminster St. Lewiston, ME in Altered Matters, Surface Design Association.
 
My work is still on exhibit at Bounce, 47 Maine St. Brunswick.
 
Handwovens at Summer Island Sudio, Tontine Mall, Brunswick.

--
Susan M. Perrine

TWIG HUT CONSTRUCTIONS
susanperrine.com
susanjohnsonperrine@blogspot.com

PO Box 22
Woolwich, ME 04579

Comments

  1. Nice blog site Susan! Good use of the metal stand!!

    Shal's mom, Anita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts